The process of applying resin is pretty straight forward, however there are a few tips and tricks to make sure the piece turns out beautifully.
- Mix resin and hardener for 1 minute in one pale, then transfer to another pale and mix for another minute.
- Pour the resin on the painting.
- Spread the resin all over the painting.
- Go over the resin with a torch.
- Before applying resin, if you used acrylic paint make sure that the painting has been left to cure for at least 4 days before applying the resin.
- With a damp paper towel wipe down the piece before applying resin to remove dust.
- Make sure that the location in which you're applying resin is fairly warm
- When you are mixing the resin and the hardener, mix gently. Mixing vigorously will allow bubbles to be trapped within the mixture.
- When spreading the resin make sure the edges are covered well, and wipe the drops from the bottom of the resin.
- When torching make sure you get all the bubbles and constantly check the piece for bubbles forming.
- One of the most important thing is to take a pin and go around the painting and pick out anything that has fallen on the resin i.e hair, dust etc...